|Babylon Boat Works||
Getting near the end of the project. Snaking all the control cables etc.
Frankie and George working on the rub rail installation. We used a rigid white rail with stainless insert. It looks real good.
Frankie using the heat gun to bend the plastic rail around the transom corner.
Rub rail on and it meets our satisfaction. Bottom paint now with one gray base indicator coat and one top coat.
Carlos finished the last coat of Interlux Micron Extra and removed the masking tape to reveal the finished product.
The end product of three months of hard work but worth every minute.
Stern view. Trim tabs are now on. We used big tabs like we did with my boat. They are 12 by 18 Lenco tabs and they make a huge difference in the ride of the boat. They keep the stern up, make it run more efficiently and give instant control of attitude.
Another look at the finished product. It will now go to Burnett Marine Service in Bayshore, NY for 225 OptiMax installation.
23 Mako Dec 2010
This boat was a complete reconstruction. New fuel tank, all fiberglass repaired, new wiring, all new hardware and plumbing, starboard replacement of almost all original teak, new console new rub rail, grab rail, trim tabs, live well system, leaning post, complete bottom sanding and painting with Micron Extra and a complete Awl Grip paint both topside and hull. New Lowrance electronics and a new Mercury OptiMax engine with new gauges and harnesses were added to finish the job.